CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Coldplay!

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to see one of my favorite bands in concert-Coldplay! The show did not disappoint. Here are my observations on the evening:


  • The opening act was super weird. At first I thought it was the bands intro, but after about 40 minutes I realized it was not. It was very techno. And not in a good way.
  • They played my favorite song, "In My Place" and it really brought a tear to my eye.
  • The bassist for Coldplay-Guy Berryman is very hot. I had not noticed. I just googled him and none of the pictures I found did him justice. He must have got better looking recently.
  • Chris Martin like to say, "F**k it" alot. But with his British accent and the super great acoustics at the Energy Solutions arena, I hardly noticed and of course found him cute and charming.
  • Their camera work was amazing! When I looked at the jumbotron, I felt like I was watching about 20 different concert films. Whoever designed their stage was a genius.
  • These guys sweat a lot. Like from the first song they were dripping sweat. Sometimes it made them look like rock stars, and at other times it was just gross.
  • I found myself wondering at odd moments, "I wonder what Apple and Moses are doing tonight"
  • I had never really been a fan of their song, "Yellow" but after they did it for an encore, I really fell in love with it.

So that's it. After attending 2 concerts in the last few months, I have resolved to be a better music fan and go to more concerts. That's my New Year's resolution, so if you have heard of any of the following musical acts coming to Salt Lake, please let me know: The Killers, Death Cab for Cutie, Jack's Mannequin, Adele, Matt White, or Jason Mraz.

0 comments: